The Denver Center Theatre Company invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Scenic Technician for the 2013-14 Production Season beginning late July 2013 to April 2014.
Applicants must have previous experience building scenery for theatrical productions. Required skills include theatrical carpentry, welding, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to read blueprints. Tasks include construction, finishing, load-in, set up and installation of scenery and technical effects for productions of the DCTC. Skills:
- Ability to read & interpret blueprints
- Strong sense of spatial and proportional relationships
- Mechanical aptitude
- Thorough understanding and experience with shop tools and equipment
- An understanding of structural supports
- Framing Carpentry
- Finish Carpentry
- Welding (arc, oxy/acetylene, TIG & MIG)
- Three-dimensional sculpting skills
- Plastic, fiberglass, and Styrofoam molding
- Tile and glass installation
- Hardware installation
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
Construction and finishing of scenery and technical effects for productions of the Denver Center Theatre Company, more specifically:
- Construct scenery from technical drawings
- Construct scenic elements from wood, steel, plastic, glass, and tile materials
- Engineer and construct mechanical elements that permit scenery to move quietly and with ease that creates theatrical illusions
- Deliver a finished product within a tight deadline.
- Install the scenery in the theatre prior to a production’s tech rehearsal.
- Assist in removing scenery from the theatre at the end of a production.
- Must have physical ability to move and install heavy items, and therefore must lift unassisted up to 60 pounds.
- Must climb and descend stairs, scaffolding and vertical ladders.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
This is a full-time salaried (non-exempt) position during the DCTC Production Season, late July through April, reporting to the Shop Foreman. Submit resume via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2013.
No Phone Calls Please.
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.