The road to Estate Planning doesn’t take as many steps as you think.
As you consider your estate planning goals, consider making a lasting gift that will impact the lives of future generations at The Denver Center. When you include us in your estate plans, leave a bequest or create annuities that help finance our programs, you will be part of our Encore Society — donors who let us know in advance that we are remembered in their wills.
Encore Society members receive recognition if desired and are invited to visit with trustees and artistic leaders to discuss the upcoming season and long-term plans for The Denver Center at a special event each year.
Contact us at 303.446.4811 for information or to personally discuss your giving options, which include:
It's Now Easier to Make Your Gift through Your IRA
The IRA Charitable Rollover was extended through December 31, 2013 as a
provision of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. The IRA
Charitable Rollover allows individuals age 70½ and older to make direct
transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year to 501(c)(3) organizations,
without having to count the transfers as income for federal income tax
To complete an IRA charitable rollover, the first step is to contact
your IRA provider to learn their procedures. Make sure that you contact
us when you direct the rollover so we can look for the check from your
For more information, please contact us.
Donate cash or appreciated assets to an endowment fund.
Name us in your will or living trust reducing your estate’s value for tax purposes. Bequests include:
- Percentage: As your estate appreciates, today’s bequest has greater impact in the future.
- Specific: Determine an exact dollar amount or asset.
- Residuary: Bequeath all or part of your property (less debt, expenses, percentage and specific bequests).
Designate us as a retirement plan beneficiary; submit a “beneficiary change” form to your plan custodian.
Name us as a life insurance beneficiary or owner. Your paid policy produces a charitable deduction equal to the policy’s cash surrender value or basis, whichever is less. As beneficiary or owner, we pay the premiums and you give us tax-deductible gifts to offset the payments. Options include:
- Revocable: Name us as a beneficiary; receive no income tax benefit.
- Irrevocable: Name us as the policy owner; receive income tax benefit.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Make a gift today and we’ll pay you (and another person, if desired) a lifetime income. You’ll receive regularpayments, which are secured by our assets and be eligible for tax benefits, immediate or deferred income payments and attractive rates of return. Options include:
- Immediate payment: Your income payments begin once you make a gift.
- Deferred payment: Select a future date when you would like to begin receiving payments.
Charitable Remainder Trust
Donate assets (i.e. cash, appreciated securities, real estate) into trust and receive and income for a specific number of years or your lifetime. You choose the rate of return, claim a tax deduction, avoid capital gains taxes on the assets and avoid applicable estate taxes. Options include:
- Variable Income: Receive a variable income by calculating the trust’s fixed rate as a percentage of the value of the trust principal, which is revalued annually.
- Fixed Income: Receive a fixes income by calculating the fixed rate as a percentage of the gift’s value.
Charitable Lead Trust
Provide an income stream to us now and when the trust ends, the accumulated assets are returned to you or your beneficiary. You determine the income amount when the trust is created. Asset value is “frozen” upon creation, so when the trust ends, the appreciation escapes gift and estate tax.
Retained Life Estate
Donate a residence to us and retain the right to occupy it for the rest of your life. This option requires a Deed and a Life Estate Agreement, which transfer a future interest in the property to us upon your death. Some conditions apply; contact us
at 303.446.4811 for restrictions.
* Revocable Gift: By naming The Denver Center in your will, living trust or as a beneficiary, you can protect yourself against an uncertain future. Should you need these assets, they are available. If not, your gift will come to us as you desire.