MEET ELLA GALATY
Fan in A Christmas Carol
At the DCPA Theatre Company: Belinda in A Christmas Carol. Regional Credits: Nancy’s Girl in Oliver! (DSA Mainstage), Chip in Beauty and the Beast (DSA Mainstage), Fleance in Macbeth (Three Leaches), Annie in Annie (BVC Actors Company), Gingy in Shrek the Musical (Northglenn Youth Theatre), Mushu in Mulan (Kids Theatre West). Training: Shawn Hann (Acting), Brandon Becker (Acting), Megan Kelley (Vocal). Awards: National Youth Arts, National Thespian Festival, Colorado State Thespian Conference, DPS Shakespeare Festival.
- Hometown: Denver
- School: Eighth-grader at Denver School of the Arts
- What was the role that changed your life? Playing Annie in Annie. I got to meet many new people and sing in one of my favorite musicals. Plus, I was a lead.
- Why are you an actor? After being forced to do a summer-theater camp when I was 8, I realized how much fun acting could be. Since then, I have been in more than 20 plays. I continue to act because of the people I meet and the experiences I get.
- What would you be doing for a career if you weren’t an actor? I would be a photographer, because I love discovering new beauties in the world and traveling. I also like how photography enables me to capture and relive memories.
- Ideal scene partner: Gabriel Ebert (pictured right.) He is from Colorado and graduated from my school, Denver School of the Arts. In 2013, he won the Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for originating the role of Mr. Wormwood in Matilda the Musical. He is incredibly funny and very good with musical theatre.
- Why does A Christmas Carol still matter? It helps celebrate the joy of the winter holidays and the importance of friends and family. Despite being set in London in the 1800s, the play and its messages are relatable across time, distance and culture.
- What do you hope the audience gets out of it? I hope they see that doing good can have a meaningful impact on so many lives, helping the community to pull together and thrive.
- Finish this sentence: “All I want is …” Happiness.
Ella Galaty, third from left, with her young castmates from ‘A Christmas Carol.’ Photo by John Moore for the DCPA NewsCenter.
A Christmas Carol: Ticket information
Selected previous NewsCenter coverage of A Christmas Carol:
Philip Pleasants: A Scrooge for the ages, one last time
First rehearsal: Scrooge, in typical fashion: Let’s get to work!
From Denver Center’s Tiny Tim to TV’s Fuller House
Beginnings and endings for stars of A Christmas Carol, The SantaLand Diaries
Video: Leslie O’Carroll performs A Christmas O’Carroll … in 5 minutes
Actor Scott McLean is now also a published children’s author
Video: The Christmas Carol Coast to Coast Challenge. No. 1: Denver
By the numbers: A Christmas Carol over 22 years at the DCPA
First day of 2014 rehearsal: Interviews, cast list and photos
Previous years’ ‘Meet the Cast’ videos:
James Michael Reilly
Mehry Iris Eslaminia
M. Scott McLean