In this ongoing series, we briefly introduce you to the actors performing in our plays in a fun way. Episode 67: Meet Charlie Franklin of Albany, N.Y., a 22-year-old graduate of Pace University. Charlie talks about performing on Broadway in “The Bridges of Madison County,” working with Kelli O’Hara, and why, if he ever met Jim Carrey … they’d probably be fighting. Charlie plays Ralph (pronounced “Rafe”), the hunted leader of the British schoolboys still trying to hold on to their civility after a plane crash in the DCPA Theatre Company’s new adaptation of the William Golding classic “Lord of the Flies.” It plays through Nov. 2 in the Space Theatre. Call 303-893-4100, or go to www.denvercenter.org. Video by John Moore and David Lenk. Run time: 2 minutes, 28 seconds.
And, hey: Check out our new media outlet covering Colorado theatre at MyDenverCenter.Org
Charlie Franklin, right, with ‘Lord of the Flies’ Director Anthony Powell at an audience discussion before the first preview performance. Photos by John Moore.
Previous 2014-15 “Meet the Cast” episodes:
Meet the cast episodes from the 2013-14 season:
Death of a Salesman
Just Like Us
Jackie & Me
The Most Deserving
A Christmas Carol
The Legend of Georgia McBride
Lord of the Flies: Ticket information
Performances run through Nov. 2
303-893-4100, or go to the Denver Center’s web site at www.DenverCenter.Org
Our Previous Lord of the Flies coverage on Denver CenterStage:
- The scenic canvas of ‘Lord of the Flies’: Fire, smoke, rocks … and blood
- Video: Montage of scenes from Lord of the Flies
- Video: John Moore’s photo essay on Lord of the Flies
- Podcast: Running Lines with Dialect Coach Kathy Maes, Charlie Franklin and Matt Gumley
- First look: ‘Lord of the Flies’ opens in previews
- ‘Lord of the Flies’: A ‘Morality Thriller’ opens rehearsals
- First look: Lord of the ‘Fires’!
- Denver Center’s full 2014-15 season announcement