Video by DCPA Video Producer David Lenk.
More than 800 see performance of Hamilton while supporting programs that serve 106,000 students every year
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts’ 38th annual Saturday Night Alive party netted a record $1.15 million on March 3. The fundraiser is a benefit for the DCPA’s extensive theatre education programs, which serve more than 106,000 students of all ages each year.
With that evening’s performance of Hamilton included as part of Saturday Night Alive, the evening sold out in record time — just one week. While more than 800 guests enjoyed the full evening, another 200 joined the festivities at the show and after-party. The emcee was of CBS Denver.
DCPA President and CEO Janice Sinden described the evening as breathtaking.
“At the DCPA, we believe that the arts are a fundamental part of a well-rounded education,” she said. “Being able to celebrate that with Hamilton, a show that is equally passionate about arts education, is an exciting opportunity for our Saturday Night Alive donors.”
(Pictured at right: DCPA President and CEO Janice Sinden. Photo by Amanda Tipton.)
Saturday Night Alive has now raised an estimated $29 million and has helped the DCPA provide theatre programs to more than 2 million students.
Photos from the 2018 Saturday Night Live, starting with, above, members of the ‘Hamilton’ cast enjoying the post-show party in the Seawell Ballroom. To see more photos, click on the image above to be taken to our full gallery of photos. Image above by acustomlook.com. All other photos by Amanda Tipton.
2018 Saturday Night Alive
- 2018 Event Chairs: were Susan and Steve Struna
- Corporate Chairs: Lisa & Norm Franke / Alpine Bank
- Silent Auction Co-Chairs: Keri Christiansen & Jane Netzorg
- Patron Chairs: Lyn and Dr. Michael Schaffer
- Platinum Sponsors: Roger, Rick & Friends; United Airlines
- Emerald Sponsors: Salah Foundation, SRC Energy, US Bank, Westin Denver Downtow
- Gold Sponsors: Alpine Bank; Assist2Hear; Bayswater Exploration & Production; Colorado State Bank and Trust; CRG, Epicurean Group; Kathie & Keith Finger; Genesee Mountain Foundation; Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP; HealthONE; Edward H. and Margaret Anne Leede; Microsoft; Tuchman Family Foundation; PDC Energy; Xcel Energy; Trice Jewelers