This is the start of a playlist covering the 2018 Henry Awards, beginning with performance highlights, as well as excerpts from productions nominated for Outstanding Musical (above). More videos will be added as they become available.
Excerpted numbers include:
- Opening number: “The Stories We Tell,” composed by David Nehls. Performed by Jessica Hindsley, Abigail Kochevar, Joseph Lamar, Regan Linton, Adeline Mann, Jihad Milhem, Brian Murray, Jeff Parker, Jeremy Rill, Charlie Schmidt, Scott Rathbun, Jose David Reynoza, Kyle Dean Steffen, Rachel Turner, Jalyn Courtenay Webb and Emily Van Fleet
- From Ragtime, Midtown Arts Center, Rakeem Lawrence, Jalyn Courtenay Webb and Kyle Smith
- From Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College, Larry Cahn, Kyle Dean Steffen, Rebecca Myers and Sharon Skidgel
- From Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Aurora Fox, Jake Mendes and Norrell Moore
- From Fun Home, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College, Megan Van De Hey, Mackenzie Beyer and Stephanie McGuffin
- Hallelujah, memorial song by Leonard Cohen, sung by David Nehls and Norrell Moore.
- From Once, Midtown Arts Center,Joe Callahan and Lisa Kay Carter
- From Fun Home, Miners Alley Playhouse, Sophia Dotson and Mitch Samu
Musicians also included David Short, Deborah Fuller and Jean Bolger. Video by John Moore for the DCPA NewsCenter