How the DCPA honored Randy Weeks on Friday night. Video by John Moore, David Lenk, Heidi Bosk, Hope Grandon, Emily Lozow, Chelley Canales and Emily Kent.
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts recognized Randy Weeks’ significant contributions to the Denver community at all six evening performances on Friday.
Tributes to the DCPA’s President were visible on city marquees, Bonfils kiosks and in programs.
At 7:15 p.m., all electronic marquees throughout the Denver Performing Arts Complex stopped their rotations and froze for 15 minutes with an announcement of Weeks’ death on Thursday in London.
At 7:20 p.m., lights were dimmed in the Garner Galleria and Buell theatres, and outside along Speer Boulevard at Sculpture Park.
All performances at the Buell, Stage, Space, Ricketson, Jones and Garner Galleria theatres observed a moment of silence.
The performances included:
- The Unsinkable Molly Brown, Stage Theatre
- Lord of the Flies, Space Theatre
- Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, Ricketson Theatre
- The Blue Man Group, Buell Theatre
- You Say Tomato … I Say Shut Up, Garner Galleria Theatre
- Cult Following, Off-Center @ The Jones
Additionally, the DCPA is working with Weeks’ family to arrange a celebration of life in the days ahead.
- To read our continuously updated tribute to Randy Weeks, click here
- To see our newly updated photo gallery honoring Randy Weeks, click here
An announcement of Randy Weeks’ death, and a tribute to his career accomplishments, was inserted into every DCPA on Friday. Photo by John Moore.
At 7:15 p.m., all electronic marquees throughout the Denver Performing Arts Complex stopped to announce Randy Weeks’ death. Photo by Emily Lozow.