Photo gallery: The making of The Who’s Tommy at the Denver Center:
The photos above are from the making of the DCPA Theatre Company’s new production of The Who’s Tommy, spanning the first day of rehearsal on March 13 to the Opening Night performance on April 27, including behind-the-scenes photos backstage and the celebration afterward in the Seawell Ballroom.
To see more images, click on the image above to be taken to our full gallery of downloadable photos. All photos may be downloaded and shared with credit: Photo booth images by Bamboo Booth. All other opening-night photos by John Moore for the DCPA NewsCenter.
The Who’s Tommy, based on The Who’s iconic 1969 rock concept album, runs through May 27 in The Stage Theatre.
That’s Radley Wright, who plays 4-year-old Tommy, off playing pinball while the openong-night party was going on in the Seawell Ballroom upstairs. Photo by John Moore for the DCPA NewsCenter.
- Andy Mientus (Broadway’s Les Misérables, Spring Awakening, NBC’s “Smash”) as Tommy
- Joe Beauregard (Kinky Boots first national tour) as Ensemble
- Charl Brown (Broadway’s Motown The Musical) as Captain Walker
- Katie Drinkard (DCPA’s The Wild Party) as Swing
- Carson Elrod (Broadway’s Peter and the Starcatcher, Noise’s Off) as Uncle Ernie
- Lulu Fall (Broadway’s Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812, Hair) as Acid Queen/Ensemble
- David Hess (Broadway’s Sunset Boulevard, Sweeney Todd) as Minister/Specialist/Judge/Ensemble
- Sara Kapner (Broadway’s Hollywood Arms) as Sally Simpson/Ensemble
- Gareth Keegan (CBS’ Instinct) as Cousin Kevin/Lover
- Charlie Korman (DCPA’s Frankenstein) as Young Cousin Kevin/Ensemble
- Betsy Morgan (Broadway’s The King and I) as Mrs. Walker
- Corbin Payne (The Arvada Center’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat) as Swing
- Terence Reddick (Broadway’s Les Miserables) as Ensemble
- Tristan Champion Regini (DCPA’s A Christmas Carol) as Youth Understudy
- Timothy John Smith (NBC’s “The Blacklist”) as Hawker/Ensemble
- Olivia Sullivent (DCPA’s A Christmas Carol) as Ensemble
- Erin Willis (Off-Center’s The Wild Party) as Ensemble
- Owen Zitek (DCPA’s A Christmas Carol) as Youth Tommy.
- Samuel Bird and Radley Wright share the role of Young Tommy at age 4
(Pictured above and right, our four Tommys: Andy Mientus holding Radley Wright (left) and Samuel Bird. Owen Zitek in front. Photo by Bamboo Booth.)
- Music and Lyrics by Pete Townshend
- Book by Pete Townshend and Des McAnuff
- Additional Music and Lyrics by John Entwistle and Keith Moon
- Directed by Sam Buntrock
- Choreography by Katie Spelman (Oklahoma at Goodspeed Opera House)
- Musical direction by Gregg Coffin (DCPA’s Sweeney Todd)
- Scenic design by Jason Sherwood (DCPA’s Frankenstein, Off-Center’s The Wild Party)
- Costume design by Kevin Copenhaver (DCPA’s Frankenstein)
- Lighting design by David Weiner (Stephen King’s Misery on Broadway)
- Sound design by Ken Travis (Broadway’s Aladdin)
- Projection design by Alex Basco Koch (Broadway’s Irena’s Vow)
- Fight direction by Geoffrey Kent (DCPA’s This Is Modern Art)
- Vocal and dialect coaching by Kathryn G. Maes Ph.D (DCPA’s The Secret Garden)
- Stage Management by Kurt Van Raden
- Assistant Stage Management by Corin Ferris and Michael Morales
Video: Your first look at The Who’s Tommy at the Denver Center:
Your first video look in video at the DCPA Theatre Company’s new production of ‘The Who’s Tommy.’ Video by David Lenk for the DCPA NewsCenter.
Photos: Your first look at the production photos:
The Who’s Tommy: Ticket information
Based on The Who’s iconic 1969 rock concept album, Tommy is an exhilarating musical about the challenges of self-discovery and the resilience of the human spirit. When young Tommy retreats into a world of darkness and silence after a deeply traumatic incident, he must navigate a harsh and unforgiving world with no hope of recovery. But when he discovers a newfound talent for pinball, he’s swept up in the fame and fortune of his success. Tommy and his family give new voice to The Who’s classic stadium rock as they navigate the troubles and joys of being alive.
- Presented by DCPA Theatre Company
- Performances through May 27
- Jones Theatre, Denver Performing Arts Complex
- Call 303-893-4100 or BUY ONLINE
Previous NewsCenter coverage of The Who’s Tommy:
- Broadway’s Alex Brightman sings praises of The Who’s Tommy
- Video: Your first look at The Who’s Tommy at the Denver Center
- Video: Tommy’s Andy Mientus, Lulu Fall sing for Denver Actors Fund
- Game on: 10 things we learned at first rehearsal
- Our interview with Tommy star Andy Mientus
- How The Who went from smashing guitars to blowing people’s minds