When Dixie Longate comes to town, you’ve got to be prepared.
- Get out your cowgirl boots and squeeze into that short skirt. (Fringe is not optional.)
- Locate your electric blue eyeliner and slap on an extra coat (or three) of mascara
- Tease your hair and plaster it with AquaNet hairspray (It may smell, but it stays!)
- Use your most charming Southern drawl to order up your favorite drink (or two) at the bar
- Locate your nearest honky tonk and get ready for a good time after being inspired by her original show: Dixie’s Never Wear a Tube Top While Riding a Mechanical Bull (and 16 Other Things I Learned While I was Drinking Last Thursday).
If it’s been awhile since you went to a honky tonk, Dixie has you covered. Here are some of her favorite Colorado hot spots.
When Dixie first developed Never Wear a Tube Top… in Denver, the Grizzly Rose kindly let her ride their mechanical bull. She let ’er rip, while always keeping a tight fist on her drink. She has her priorities! With live country music six nights a week and a 2,500 square-foot floating dance floor, there’s no better place to kick up your heels in Colorado.
The Stampede in Aurora packs ’em in four nights a week. From ladies nights and Latin-infused country music acts, to drink specials and a mechanical bull, you’ll be two-steppin’ your tail off and stompin’ your feet to the beat. Make sure to buy your tickets in advance.
The Little Bear Saloon is tucked away up in Evergreen, Colorado. While it’s no longer a dance hall (nor a drugstore or church), the saloon features food and drinks several days a week, plus a full lineup live music. It’s well worth a short trip into the foothills.
Who needs a mechanical bull when you can get an overhead view of the real thing? The Sundance Steakhouse and Saloon in Ft. Collins features outdoor stadium seating overlooking live bull riding. But if live music, line dancing, good food and drink is more your speed, step right inside the saloon. Weekly events include dancing lessons, free poker and more.
Before you get your honky tonk on, head on over to see Dixie. Who knows? Maybe she’ll join you in the Texas Two Step.
Dixie’s Never Wear a Tube Top…
Now – July 17 • Garner Galleria Theatre