Ticket Purchase and Sale Terms and Policies
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts (DCPA) makes our performances widely accessible and available. We also operate in accordance with laws which regulate ticket sales for public benefit. To support DCPA’s operations, the terms and policies below apply to ticket purchases and sales.
- Tickets purchased from a source other than DCPA may be lost, stolen, fake, or otherwise violate our terms or policies. Such tickets will not be honored.
- The DCPA does not guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased from any third party reseller (such as brokers or individuals). www.denvercenter.org is the only official online ticketing provider for the DCPA.
- Tickets may not be sold for more than face value. Limited exceptions for charitable events may be made, only with DCPA’s prior consent.
- Fraudulent, misleading or other unlawful conduct in a ticket purchase or sale is a basis for legal enforcement. DCPA reserves the right to provide authorities with account holder information for investigation or prosecution of a ticket purchase or sale.
- Proposed purchases in excess of 10 tickets may be referred to the DCPA Group Sales Department, and are subject to service fees and management approval.
- All productions have ticket purchase limits. The limit may be determined by account, household, credit card, IP address, email address, street address, or other method. In the event that a person or organization purchases more than the limit, DCPA may revoke and unsell all or part of the excess and issue a refund.
- DCPA reserves the right to not sell a ticket to any person or organization if we have knowledge or reason to believe, by virtue of the buying process, the buyer’s behavior or for other reason, that the purchase is for resale or would otherwise violate DCPA’s terms, policies or applicable laws. We also reserve the right to not honor a ticket that DCPA knows or has reason to believe has been purchased in violation of our terms, policies or applicable laws.
- Ticket purchasers who are identified as having violated the DCPA’s terms, policies or having purchased with the intent to violate the DCPA’s terms and policies may have their accounts closed, tickets revoked, admission refused, delivery method changed without prior notification, and/or future purchases refused. Tickets may be seized and cancelled without compensation.
- DCPA will post updates to these terms and policies from time to time, and may supplement them for a particular performance. If you have any questions about our terms or policies or a ticket purchase, please telephone the DCPA Box Office at 303.893.4100.
Ticketing Terms & Conditions
By submitting your order you agree to these terms and conditions, which apply to all ticket orders facilitated by DCPA Ticket Services. Please note: Due to the nature of live theatrical bookings, dates, titles, availability and prices are subject to change at any time. Services fees apply to phone, internet and group purchases.
Cancellations, Refunds and Exchanges:
- No cancellations or refunds. Verify all information (title, date, time, seat selection, etc.) before ordering. Orders are subject to approval.
- Exchanges are available up to 24 hours prior to the ticketed performance time for subscribers (free) and single ticket buyers ($5 per ticket fee). There are no exchanges on group tickets. Exchanges may be made between dates for a show for which you currently hold tickets and are at the discretion of DCPA Ticket Services, subject to availability.
A 15% service fee is applied to online and phone sales and is proportionate to the ticket price. Fees are waived when buying in person.
Why do we charge service fees?
Our service charge covers the cost of selling tickets. These costs include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Card fees
- Fees to license Audience View as our ticketing platform and “shopping cart” provider
- Servers to host the ticketing provider
- Email service to deliver tickets electronically
- Ticket agents to sell, seat and process all orders
- Robust ticket review to ensure that individuals do not abuse the policies we have put in place to restrict secondary ticket brokers
We do not include our ticket fees in our base price for two reasons:
- To stay as transparent as possible to our patrons
- A portion of our base ticket price on Broadway touring shows is paid to Broadway producers, and they are not entitled to a portion of our hard cost to sell a ticket.
We have chosen to waive fees when you purchase at our counter location. This allows individuals with price sensitivity a way in which to avoid fees and provides a nice customer service option. Our Box Office Counter is in the Helen Bonfils Theatre Complex lobby, located at the northwest corner of the Denver Performing Arts Complex at Speer Boulevard & Arapahoe Street.
Performances in city-owned venues include FDA tax.
Discounts are available to select productions with promotion codes. Restrictions apply.
(Note: the DCPA is not responsible for mail or email delivery delays or failure.)
Tickets purchased with an email delivery method may be subject to a delivery delay of 10 days if the purchased performance date is more than 10 days in the future. Emailed tickets are attached via a PDF file to an email confirmation. Please add DO_NOT_REPLY_boxoffice@dcpa.org to your safe sender’s list to ensure delivery. Not all performances are eligible for electronic ticket delivery.
Mail orders require a minimum of 10 days and are shipped Standard First Class Mail via the United States Postal Service. If you do not receive your tickets within 2 business days of the event, please call our box office at 303.893.4100.
Tickets held at Will Call may be picked up starting one hour prior to curtain at the performance venue’s box office. The box office may require a valid state or government issued photo ID at the time of pickup and reserves the right to not release ticket if the name on the ID does not match the name used to purchase tickets.
Late seating is at the discretion of the House Management and may not be available at all performances.
Cell phones, tablets and/or other electronic devices may not be used in the theatre.
Cameras and recording devices are not allowed to be used in the theatre.
No outside food or drinks are allowed in the theatres. Food and drinks purchased within the venues may be taken to your seat.
Children 4+ are welcome in our theatres.* Individual productions may offer age recommendations. It is always up to the parent / guardian to determine if an event is age appropriate. Each person entering, regardless of age, must be ticketed.
If a patron becomes disruptive, that patron and the group they arrived with may be asked to leave. No refunds.
*Select family-orientated productions permit children under the age of 4 to attend the performance. Please check when ordering.