Critics are raving that this breathtaking production is “bigger and better than ever before” and features a brilliant new scenic design by Paul Brown, Tony Award®-winning original costume design by Maria Björnson, lighting design by Tony Award®-winner Paule Constable, new choreography by Scott Ambler, and new staging by director Laurence Connor. The production, overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh, boasts many exciting special effects including the show’s legendary chandelier. The beloved story and thrilling score – with songs like “Music of the Night,” “All I Ask Of You,” and “Masquerade” – will be performed by a cast and orchestra of 52, making this Phantom one of the largest productions now on tour.
View Advisory Details
- Theatrical Haze and Fog are used heavily throughout the show.
- Strobe like lighting effects can be seen at the end of Masquerade (about 9 minutes into Act 2).
- Gun shots: both occur in Act 2 (at about 30 and 39 minutes). Both are fired upstage.
- The Chandelier lowers then rises over the audience slowly at about 4 minutes into Act 1. The Chandelier “rocks” over the audience at about 1 hour into Act 1. The Chandelier also “falls” over the audience immediately prior to Intermission.
- a “firework” as the Chandelier is revealed at the end of the Auction (about 4 minutes in)
- occurs as the Chandelier falls right before intermission. It looks like “fireworks” being set off as the Chandelier is near the ceiling.
- at the end of Masquerade (about 9 minutes in) two “jets of flame” erupt from the front edge of the deck.
- during the Don Juan Rehearsal (about 20 minutes in) the gas flames on the piano erupt into “jets of flame”
- at the end of the Mausoleum/Graveyard scene (about 28 minutes in) four individual “firecrackers” erupt from the deck sequentially followed by a downstage “wall of flames”
- after Point of No Return (about 39 minutes in) one more “firecracker” erupts from the deck mid-stage
- during the Final Lair (at about 48 minutes in) the Phantom fires a “hand flash” toward stage left
The Company performs Masquerade – photo by Alastair Muir
Sat, Nov 16 at 2:00pm
Before selecting seats, enter the appropriate code noted below for the services you require in the Promotional Code box.
Sign Language Interpretation: ASL
Audio Description: AUDIO
Open Captioning: OCAP
Learn more about access services