“A raucous, immensely moving comedy.”
– The New York Times
Critics’ pick! The New York Times, Time Out New York and LA Times
Bubbling with infectious energy, this rap-spitting, pop culture-crusted dramedy is an ode to the real-life courtship of Playwright Qui Nguyen’s parents. Forced to leave their country during the height of the Vietnam War, two refugees find themselves at the same relocation camp in Arkansas – the land of Harleys, hot dogs and “howdy!” Before they find their way into each other’s arms, they’ll have to blaze a trail in their weird new world and leave behind the baggage they didn’t pack.
Jump on this emotional ride for an adventure that hums with excitement as it hops across time and around the globe through the highs and lows of love.
Audiences love Vietgone!
- “AWESOME PRODUCTION! It’s a must-see! Funny, dramatic, insightful, uplifting and heart-wrenching.”
- “I was thrilled with yesterday’s production – energizing, and insightful. A beautiful theater experience.”
- “My husband and I loved Vietgone. It was funny, engaging, surprising, and most of all, moving and informative. The actors were amazingly versatile. The choreography and rapping added fun and depth to the production. This play is so specific yet so universal. Thank you for bringing it to Denver.”
Read the reviews:
- “What was that, exactly? I’m not sure. But whatever it was, it was pretty great… a tri-hop sensation that will stay with me for a while. Vietgone is a wild ride and a great way for the Denver Center Theater Company to kick off its fortieth season. Don’t miss it.” – Vail Daily
- “Vietgone is a swift, sad, crazed and funny love story.” – Westword
Sun, Sep 16 at 1:30pm
Before selecting seats, enter the appropriate code noted below for the services you require in the Promotional Code box.
Sign Language Interpretation: ASL
Audio Description: AUDIO
Learn more about access services
Thank You to Our Generous Season Sponsors
Support the DCPA Today!
Our stories reflect your life. Our artists are your neighbors, And your students are our future. Continue our momentum. Give today!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Be the first to hear about shows and news